Part-Time Nurse Position
Provide coaching, education, and onsite client visits for employees with chronic conditions.
- Bachelor Degree Nursing (BSN)
- RN licensed in SC.
- A minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of experience in counseling on health topics such as nutrition, exercise, cholesterol, hypertension, stress, alcohol and smoking.
- Working knowledge of motivational interviewing strategies.
- Working knowledge and experience in behavior change counseling.
- Clinical knowledge of disease prevention and wellness.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment with minimum supervision.
- Ability to be flexible and to manage multiple tasks with a strong customer focus.
- Good working knowledge of computer software applications and proven organizational skills.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for supporting a wellness program aimed at encouraging members to adopt healthy lifestyles by actively participating in wellness activities.
- Health coach for onsite personal assessment, health education, and behavior change counseling using a collaborative approach to facilitate change.
- Assist in the identification of member health education needs through health assessment activities, online health risk appraisals, and telephonic counseling.
- Provide counseling to members using nationally accepted health prevention guidelines and general health wellness strategies.
- Perform research on relevant topics in health promotion and disease prevention to meet members needs.
- Utilize motivational interviewing techniques to effect desired member behavioral changes.
- Utilize approved health education resources to achieve more effective member health outcomes.
- Manage assigned case load, monitor compliance deadlines and maintain accurate calendar for member appointments.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperate positively and provide information and guidance as needed to contribute to the business efforts of the agency.
- Adheres to all agency policies and procedures.
- Assists or completes other tasks as directed by Management.
- This position is for 2 to 4 days per month with the opportunity to increase days as they arise.